History of Institution
SEED ‘ was registered as an Association on 16.09.1981 Under Tamilnadu Societies Registration Act 1972 ( Reg.No.251/81 ) with an idea of sowing the SEED for the development of the people those who are Socially, Educationally & Economically Downtrodden.
“ SEED “ has started its activities on 9th Jan. 1982 at Sriperumbudur ( The holy place where Saint and Philosopher Shrimath Ramanuja born in 1 th Century & fought against the caste system through Bhakthi Marga & where Shri Rajiv Gandhi, Former Prime Minster of India was assassinated ) with 27 children and now it is catering the needs of 300 children in all its three centres, viz:
- At Sriperumbudur
- Mahatma Gandhi Primary School ( Recognised and aided by the State Government )
- “ CEYRAC HOME “ ( Home for the Destitute children ) – assisted by the Social Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- M.P.Bhaskara Vocational Training Centre. ( Mat Weaving, Plastic Wire works, Tailoring, etc.
- At Utkottai:
- Mahatma Gandhi Residential High School ( Recognised by the Government of Tamil Nadu )
- ` Leo Correya Home ‘ ( Home for the Destitute Children ) – assisted by the Social Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Meera Behan Dairy & Agri Farm.
- Vocational Training Centre.( Computer Training Etc.
- At Irungattukottai :
- Dr.J.C.Kumarappa Industrial Training Institute – Fitter, Electrician, Mechanic ( Motor Vehicle ) Trades for Boys and Cutting & Tailoring, Electronic – Mechanic for Girls.
Special permission given by the State Government & Recognition given by the National Council for Vocational Trades, Ministry of Labour, Government of India.
` SEED is sowing the SEED to improve the livelihood and welfare of the underprivileged children in the lowest rungs of the Society. In particular, it caters the needs of the children of the Life Prisoners, Victims of serious crimes like murder and Leprosy Patients who are beggars and deserted children from various parts of Tamil Nadu State.
SEED provides them with Food, Shelter, and Education ( formal/nonformal/vocational ). Vocational Training is provided in Mat weaving, Plastic- Wire bag making, Embroidery, Tailoring, etc., so as to enable them to stand on their own leg. This is in pursuance to SEED’s philosophy. SEED believes that innocent children should not be penalized because of the crimes committed by their parents.